Monday, September 17, 2012

Gone

A cat strayed into my backyard five months ago. She gave birth to four kittens and disappeared. We brought up the kittens... and I grew very attached to them. One of them(Snowy) ran after another stray cat and went away, around three months ago. Last night, Wiwi/Tesla died. This is a poem expressing my grief.

Coincidentally, my grandmother died at the same time on the same date two years ago.

~ 17th September, 2012 ~
Rest in Peace, Wiwi.


Gone


Last night I was woken up with news of your demise,
And a cascade of tears flowed out of my eyes.
I never thought that the one who loved to jump,
Would someday struggle on every bump.
You were struggling so much during your last days,
I wish I could have done something to ease your pain.
Before I knew it, you were gone;
And a shroud for you was drawn.


I spent the night crying in my bed,
Blaming myself and drowning in regret.
My parents shouted at me to control myself,
Though they knew it was the first time I had experienced death.
Even now I start weeping when I remember your cute face,
And I fear the day when your memory will fade.
How your little teeth came out when you yawned...
Before I loved you, you were gone.


Brou and Stravy are searching for you,
Whenever I go out they ask about you.
Today, it is such a sad day,
Today, you left us and went away.
I wonder and pray, in your next birth,
May you spend every second in mirth.
May you be born as the prince of England,
And have everything at the flip of your hand.
Before I saw you grow up, you went sky beyond,
Out of my reach, you were forever gone.


Baby, I don't know why God chose you,
Maybe you were an angel and away you flew.
All I know is you won't be running in the backyard,
As of today, you won't chase after rats and birds.
Dear, please, where ever you end up,
Stay happy and live life with your head up.
I know it'll be hard to get over this grief,
But as they say, life is always going.
Now, I'll stop weeping because I know you would frown,
If I kept on crying after you are gone.


- Tensai-Teki Kuroneko

No comments:

Post a Comment