Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ghost

Ghost


I hear footsteps when I am walking,
It's a bright
day, though a little sad too;
Every now and then, I feel som
eone approaching;
Every time, I turn around and ask, "Is it you?".
The stillness makes me shiver,
There is not a ripple in the distant ri
ver.
No, I know that you are not here,
But why do I keep 
waiting for you to be near?


This silence seems to devour,
Every bit of my heart and soul.
Every time a gentle breeze blows,
I hear footsteps coming close.
When I turn around, it's dead quiet.
No sign of the person I desired.
Then again, there is a pause and I feel so cold,
It seems as if I am followed by a ghost.


No matter what I do, I can't leave these memories,
So when I am alone, I am always in a hurry.
To be with someone, so fine it feels,
Because otherwise I feel like I am in a haunted dream.
Time stops when you come into my mind;
All my attempts to stop myself are futile.
The sound of those feet I follow down the road,
The memoirs seem to swallow me whole.


I still blush when I remember,
How I intruded when you were talking to sir;
You smiled when I asked him to explain my doubt,

Since I didn't care whether he was busy or not.
Then, you were still around,

And those footsteps were as real as their sound.


If you had to go, why did you leave these imprints?
Did it not matter when you gave so many hints?
Take them away, make me forget you;
Since you are the only person who could.
Even today when I scroll down your wall,
I close my eyes to not let myself fall.
But, it never works, you are so enchanting,
I can't believe that this is happening.
These days, I reach out to touch you almost,
It seems as though I am followed by a ghost.


So come back, be here for a while and stay,
Or kill these memories if you want to go away.
I detest them, that's quite true;
I abhor them as much as I love you.
I can't always bear to find you absent;
Oh, when I turn around, it's so silent.
Without you here, I am so lost;
I forget the world and I don't give it a thought.
I don't turn anymore these days,
And when I am haunted, I change my way.
Now, I know there is no peace to be found.
Until those footsteps become as real as their sound.


- Tensai-Teki Kuroneko

No comments:

Post a Comment