Monday, August 27, 2012

Let Me Live

An inspirational poem/song I wrote when I was fed up of people telling me what to do. It can be sung quite nicely, just try to catch the tune!

Let me live


Stopped every time I take a step
Towards the bright future I want to live,
Why does everyone want their expectations met?
Am I not allowed to wish?


Getting sick and tired of every advice,
People give whenever they get a chance.
Come on guys, it's my life,
I am entitled to take a stance!
How can you ever think you understand me?
You think you know what I cannot do?
I request you, just let me live.
Have you ever walked in my shoes?


I am still not sure of what I'll get,
When I walk down this abandoned way...
But I know how I had felt,
When I first saw this course on my darkest day.
I just want to close my eyes,
And ignore the sounds of the mocking talk,
In my feelings I want to believe,
When on this unused path I walk.


Sure, you people are really important,
I should listen to you like an ideal child.
I just want to say that all I ever meant,
Was to let my dreams go wild.
I never wanted to hurt you,
So please don't feel neglected.
I'll never stop doing what I want to,
Even if following my dreams is stupid.


For me, all that matters is my aim,
And if I ever were to fail,
I would be ready to take the blame.
So don't stop me when I am just lifting the sail.


Please don't worry about me,
Just let me live, not only in my sleep!
I am going to live my life,
So that when I grow old and wise,
I would be proud to say,
"I have dared to make my own way."


- Tensai-Teki Kuroneko

No comments:

Post a Comment